HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

sparky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: sparky Reply with quote

im getting a zap every time i get out of my car and touch metal-other than those gay anti-static strips, is there a way to stop this as im a bit weary of touching a fuel bowser!cheers.
Leigh
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: sparky Reply with quote

This happens to me almost everytime I get out of my car. Have you got seat covers on? I'm pretty sure that the polyester ones create more static electricity or something like that.

P.s Don't petrol bowsers have rubber handles anyway?
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: sparky Reply with quote

yeah mine has just started giving little zaps it cains lol though funny when other people get out the car first.
but theres no way im getting one of those anti static things lol
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: sparky Reply with quote

mine does it when getting in the car.....put the key in the ignition and zap...gotcha....realy pisses me off when it does it in the mornings cause i am already in a bad mood cause im up tooo early and going to work (i know 8.00 isnt early but i would rather stay in bed a bit longer....
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: sparky Reply with quote

it messes with your mind to because my mums camary used to do it and when i went to open our gates or shut the door i always got zap. then i was always scared to open the gates or shut the door because u know that your goin to get zapped. Neway it doesnt do it nemore and i dont know why but i like it
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: sparky Reply with quote

well mine just started doin it too, only like last week. and like ya said, it fuckin pisses u off when ur in a bad mood already. now my fuckin stereo just turned off today, and since then, i got no indicators, my fuel gauge sometimes works, and my tacho light dims cause sometimes the alternator light comes on, fuck all this shit pisses me off, thats exactly the reason i am getting my other wagon fully rewired. babbling again, sorry
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: sparky Reply with quote

You usually get static shocks like that in cold dry weather. Thos anti-static strips look gay so there's no way I'd put one on my car! If you keep your hand on some metal on the car untill you are fully out of the car you wont get zapped.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: sparky Reply with quote

thanks people at least im not the only one-iv got snap-on seat covers and im pretty sure theyre polyester. yobs did u say you like getting shocked?isnt there a term for people who get aroused by electricity?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: