HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Question on Brake Discs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Parker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: Question on Brake Discs Reply with quote

Hi,

I have done a major conversion on my Gemi but wanted to find out if VN brake discs can fit on a gemi with no big hassles. If yes then what exactly needs to be done? if not then what good strong brake discs would you recommend which is compatible for TE Slx Gem.
Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated
If anyone can give a few suggestion
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Question on Brake Discs Reply with quote

rod hadfield has a front disc brake up grade for the gemini.
For the rear brakes upgrade the wheel cylinder as the rear brakes are about the same size a commodore
daCoupe
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Question on Brake Discs Reply with quote

m8 the bmw 3 series calipliers bolt str8 on and r 4 spot,so should be enough stopppin power
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Question on Brake Discs Reply with quote

Okay, now that you've made the comment, how about you supply some evidence to back it up, mmmkay?

The 3-series covers over 26 years and at least 10 different front brake configurations.

Next up, changing the caliper while retaining the same 239mm by 10mm rotors would make 2/3rds of stuff-all difference... The extra pad area would probably make the pads wear more evenly but the short-coming of the gemini is the physical size of the rotor and their ability to disperse a given calorific value of energy.

I eagerly await your response... (note: "my mate told me" does not constitute valid proof)
Peter Parker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Question on Brake Discs Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your help and suggestions. I will try to find out more on the subject. When i do the conversion i will let you all know which is the most compatible for the discs on a gemini. My brothers friend has a walkershore in his gem so he might have a few ideas as well.

Thanks again
daCoupe
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Question on Brake Discs Reply with quote

not sure which one man,as i need brake to stop me pizza twinny,so when do the local wreakers at the time,they reconmended the one i put on me car,now love to prove it but car got sold a good 4 yrs ago,and is now a rally car for the old 4 sport performance shop,so go ask them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: