HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATT: CRAFT/SMARTASSES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: ATT: CRAFT/SMARTASSES Reply with quote

how did u fit your checker plate "box" over the webbers.ive got everything else sussed out and ive got some spare checker plate. so how do it stay on there and as ive gota 32/36 would i have to use a different method as yours was side draft
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: CRAFT/SMARTASSES Reply with quote

by using long screws or evn make four bolts that bolt the base to the top by four bolts
CRAFT WERK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: CRAFT/SMARTASSES Reply with quote

Well the box was actually polished alloy but I had to cut a hole in the top to put the ram tubes on. I ended up making a checker plate lid (although a total polished box looks better). Basically I cut the holes in the side of the box for the carbs and just bolted it to the carbs like you would ram tubes. Just made a gasket up and away you go. Not very tricky. For your set up, being a down draft you made need to make a box and mount it in the corner behind the head light and just run a pipe up on to the carb. Similar to a VL commodore setup. When your driving cold air is being forced in and providing it's air tight it has no where to go except in to the carb. Even when on idle the carby can only suck air from the box which is picking up cold air from outside the engine bay. Tip you will need to re-tune your carb once the box is on. Any other questions let me know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: