HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

rotor conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lodeo
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:45 pm    Post subject: rotor conversion Reply with quote

anyone had any rotory installations into their gemini. Interested in doing one, wondering how it went and what problems there were any help appreciated
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: rotor conversion Reply with quote

Go here there might be someone that has performed that convertion

http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/forums/index.php
cheers
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: rotor conversion Reply with quote

I did it years ago in Sydney.
Was easy,biggest prob was the exhaust.
Cost me $400 from OZ DEVELOPMENTS in Liverpool for the basics,engine crossmember and gearbox crossmember.
They installed it useing their dummy engine so when I got the car home all I had to do was drop my 13B into the bay.
I backed that with an RX7 series 2 5 speed and an RX5 disc brake diff and custom tailshaft.
lodeo
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: rotor conversion Reply with quote

$400 seems pretty cheap. am planning to put a 13b into my rodeo (same engine as gemini) thinking of bying a half cut for $2000 but there must be a cheaper option of doing it. I am in brissy so it would be sweet to find someone decently priced in bris to do it. Got quoted $9000 drive in drive out by maxfix but not willing to spend that much
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: rotor conversion Reply with quote

$9000 is good price
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: rotor conversion Reply with quote

sumon waytolowatwork for this matter hes quite the expert on rota conversion.
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: rotor conversion Reply with quote

if i was u i wouldnt use mazfix either, dodgy.....
lodeo
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: rotor conversion Reply with quote

max $2000 is what they would pay for the motor and max $2000 they would pay for microtech comp. leaves them $5000 just to put it in... Ouch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: