HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

bak to the flames idea... crazy. yes. but fun!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject: bak to the flames idea... crazy. yes. but fun!!! Reply with quote

i was just thinkin bout doin somethin similar this arvo and wat do u know, i come on hotgem and other ppl have been talking bout it!
if u did do the spark plug thing, wat would supply the power???
would that be enough to ignite the "waste " exhaust gasses, i didn't think that they could be ignited anyway,

u'd have to have a huge thick lead, high tension lead all the way to the bak... andwhere u gonna find a switch that can handle that much power???

to add fuel to the equation
would u have to use like a copper fuel line or somethin..., wats gonna give u the pressure???

still need a better way of igniting though, maybe just the heat of exhaust would ignite the fuel!?!?!?!
any ideas?!?!?!?

thanks
Adrian

p.s reckon ud be up for a huge fine if caught???
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: bak to the flames idea... crazy. yes. but fun!!! Reply with quote

Install the spark plug into the last four or five inches of the tailpipeby drilling a hole that the plug can screw into easily. Attach the wire (this is regular insulated wire) to one side of the switch and to the spark plug. The other side of the switch is attached to the positive terminal on the battery. With the car running, simply hit the switch and watch the flames fly!!! Again be careful that no one is behind you!

this is from the jolly rodger. i am still looking for the more complete version
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: bak to the flames idea... crazy. yes. but fun!!! Reply with quote

yeah i tried that a while ago. a few overdose pumps on the throttle should do it. apparently, or so ive been told the flames can go at least 20 ft!
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: bak to the flames idea... crazy. yes. but fun!!! Reply with quote

so it does work pinkbitz??? thats just from the gases??? i thought flames, especially of up to 20ft were if u added fuel... i will try and see, i was going to get a new stainless exhaust at the back anyway, at the moment i just got a chrome tip, so it dont matter if that gets blown up...
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: bak to the flames idea... crazy. yes. but fun!!! Reply with quote

all depends on how big a sense of humour the copper has
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: bak to the flames idea... crazy. yes. but fun!!! Reply with quote

just tune your carb so it is running rich. that will surely give you all the fuel in the exhaust you need to get a nice amount of fire
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: bak to the flames idea... crazy. yes. but fun!!! Reply with quote

redgem id like to know how it all goes and prehaps you could write a workshop article on it as im sure there are a few people that are always up for some stupid thing that will piss the cops off i know i am heheh
cheers and luck
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: CHECK THE FOR SALE FORUM redgem Reply with quote

i needa reply dude.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: bak to the flames idea... crazy. yes. but fun!!! Reply with quote

all of that works in theory....but will just 12 volts make a spark plug spark??? i think you would need a coil in the back for the spark plug.... the way it is done is by cutting of the spark plugs in the engine and sending the trigger to the coil in the rear.. the engine will just rollover on momentum if you do it at high enough revs and the fuel will flow unburnt through the motor to the exhaust......
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: bak to the flames idea... crazy. yes. but fun!!! Reply with quote

that might be betta idea

but i dunno]

any takers?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: CHECK THE FOR SALE FORUM redgem Reply with quote

depending on where you actually light the fuel, wouldnt it split the tailpipe?just a thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: