HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Whats It Called???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Whats It Called??? Reply with quote

I want to know what the stuff people put under the paint on the sills is called.
I thought it was called chip guard or something.
It kinda looks ripply under the paint,stops stone chips.
Any ideas ??
Cheers
Andrew
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats It Called??? Reply with quote

ripple coat, it has some other names as well
2picky
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats It Called??? Reply with quote

I have a clue what is called but I didnt get it on mine, mine sills were just painted
hardcoregemfreak
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: its called stone guard! Reply with quote

its known as stone guard, u can buy it from paint shops, its made by heaps of people but septone is the good one, it comes in white or black n can be painted ova, on the tin it says anti-chip coating, dont know how much it is, but yea dont think it would be real cheap.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats It Called??? Reply with quote

wot r sills?
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Whats It Called??? Reply with quote

Thanks for the serious answers guys.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: its called stone guard! Reply with quote

i bought some 3 months ago and it was $15 for a ltr tube. U need to buy the proper gun which is $70.
The gun screws to the top of the tube. the name of the gun is a schutz (shootz) gun. theres a couple of different textures, rough one is under body schutz, and anti chip/stoneguard. the brand come is whit, black or primer grey.

The anti chip can be sprayed with a fairly smoothish texture with air pressure about 55psi and screw down ur material. the black gives a nice, smei gloss finish.not for a show car but great for neat streeters like mine.

Cheers
Mooch
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: its called stone guard! Reply with quote

does it go under or on top of your final coat?
HEPPZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Whats It Called??? Reply with quote

ITS CALLED SOUND DEADNER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: