HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Panel Information Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaaeseer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:39 am    Post subject: Panel Information Needed Reply with quote

I'm after some information about changing the front + rear panels on a tf gem to those of a td, anyone done this or have any idea how hard it would be to do? i have 24 hrs acess to welder + panel beaters so thats not a prob.
And yes i prefer the look of the tx-td's to the tg's ect.
daCoupe
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Panel Information Needed Reply with quote

m8 the te,tf,tg have a different boot section all together,to the tx tc td.u'd b better buying a pre 78 shell and doing the transfer over,it ill b cheaper and alot less stressull need more then 24 hrs to cut and weld ythat,but anyway good luck with it
shaaeseer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Panel Information Needed Reply with quote

i knew that the front end went on with a welder but i wasnt sure on the rear end, thanks
Bloon
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Panel Information Needed Reply with quote

Yep, my te panno has had a nose job, swapped over to a TD front end, the guy that owned it b4 me did it, he had to shorten the rails underneath the engine and then weld in a new cross bar between them. Looks much sweeter.
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Panel Information Needed Reply with quote

i had the exact opposite done to mine, td pano had a nse cut and now its a te,

but changing the back end of a sedan would be a tuff one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: