HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

webbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egge
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:52 am    Post subject: webbers Reply with quote

ive just fitted webbers on to my gemi after blowing the head gasket andd getting it shaved.
im at the stage wer im tryin 2 start it but the carbie seems out of tune it cranks over and doesnt hold.
i accelerate and it dies out is this happening just because of he webbers or could it be timing?
the timing hasnt been touched since the last position it was left in, if any1 knows what my problem could be plz help so i can start the thing heheh cheers egge
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers Reply with quote

Could be a number of things... Does the engine fire at all or just crank with the starter motor? If it fires can you keep it running by pumping the accelerator?
Bloon
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers Reply with quote

Yeah.. I have the same problem, but I just rev it till she's warm, then It idle's fine after a few minutes of driving. But on first take off It often struggles(or konks out if i let out the clutch too fast). I think I have some serious timing adjustments to do.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers Reply with quote

egge, view this workshop article http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/workshop2.cgi?action=rt&tip_id=45 and that will at least get your engine started if its the timing. If not then you know its the carbys
jedi1983
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers Reply with quote

as far as i know webers dont have a choke so....hence problem.
place you may have to play with timing due to worked engine.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers Reply with quote

A lot of webers have chokes/cold start, some have manual, some have water operated.
egge
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers Reply with quote

well the car cranks over it doesnt seam like a timing problem . it cranks over i accelarate cover te webber it seeems like its starting in dies out sometiems backfires
to me its either to much fuel or not enough of something?
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers Reply with quote

egge, there's heaps of info on how to tune IDFs on the net, just look up IDF tuning or DCOE tuning, they're almost the same. Basically screw in your 4 idle mixtures all the way in. Then screw them back out 2 full turns. Turn your throttle stop screw 1 full turn in from when it makes contact with your throttle shaft and that should get the car running. Where abouts are you?
egge
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers Reply with quote

im from melbourne
were are all the idle misture screws located?
i no theres the air fuel and theres another 2 parallel each other
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: webbers Reply with quote

what model webers are they?
If they are IDFs the big screw in the middle at the bottom of each barrel is the mixture screw, the one beside it with the locknut on it is the air bypass screw and the tiny little one on the other side is a vacume screw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: