HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

2x idf webbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
habibs_gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:26 pm    Post subject: 2x idf webbers Reply with quote

anyone fited 2x idf webbers on a 1600? on here and does anyone know much about dem?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 2x idf webbers Reply with quote

i run twins idf's on my gem. they run on the same pricipal as dcoe's and have the same jets emulison tubes and air bleeds too. How worked is your 1600? mine pumped out 127Hp
habibs_gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2x idf webbers Reply with quote

pretty much stock at the momo man im doin a bare shell rebuild been at it for a few months now tryin to get it all ready and done and the engine worked hopefully to pull 14's 15's by december test and tune at willowbank its a tg z/zz but the 5speed was fucked wen i got it so i got a 4speed and the old engine was fuked too so i brought anotha gem and used parts and built one outa two anyway only mods to the engine is full engine balance,mild head port and polish,and ramflo air filter and extractors but hopin to put the twin webbers on it soon
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2x idf webbers Reply with quote

yeah not to hard with the twin webers should be good enuff for that times so about 150Hp
habibs_gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 2x idf webbers Reply with quote

what do u think about putin a gilmore belt kit and runnin twin thermos on it?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 2x idf webbers Reply with quote

it will sound real funny but sound really tuff. the thernmo's will cool the sucka down too. It will look real good wth a nice paint job and lotsa chrome bits in the engine bay and a nice set of old school rims like the ROH wildfire's
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2x idf webbers Reply with quote

I have twin IDF's on my gem as well. TXcoupe is right that they use the same principals as DCOE's, they're just downdraught versions really. I have been sending the neighbours crazy rejetting and tuning my set this week for racing on saturday. I've finally got them set up good enough to spin the wheels around corners at less than 1/4 throttle so that's something you can look forward to. I have heaps of information and a bit of experience with them so if you need a hand getting them going just give me a yell. I bought my set for about $500 I think and I've spent about $80 rejetting them to suit my 1800. It just depends how far out the jetting is for your engine on the set you buy as to how much your going to have to pay to rejet them.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 2x idf webbers Reply with quote

I forgot to mention, twin thermos may be a bit of overkill, you'll probably just need one decent one. You would only need twin thermos if you work the engine quite extensivly which would make it run a lot hotter. Remember when the two fans kick in that will load up your alternator which is going to rob you of some power.
habibs_gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 2x idf webbers Reply with quote

thanks for the help guys im bout to give a bloke from high performance products at buranda a call bout getin the twins
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: