HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

carby choices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:58 pm    Post subject: carby choices Reply with quote

hey,
im biulding up a worked 1600, with 3000-7000rpm crow cam, ported head with oversize valves, bored to fit 2ltr pistons etc, and i was wondering what choices i have in carby's.

I want the motor to look fairly standard (ie run a single or standard factory style air filter) and make about 150flywheel hp.

would the 32/36 weber be adequate? with this cam? or do i need someting bigger (ie holley or bigger single weber) or should i just get twin webers and try make them fit under a factory style air filter??

i would prefer a single carby as it is a daily driver but i want 150hp or more. any suggestions??

ps. i have heard of manifolds to suit a single IDF weber? Do these exist? are they still produced? one of these would probaly be ideal for me.

cheers
Ross
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: carby choices Reply with quote

if you want it to look original then just get your nikki worked. i was quoted 210 to get mine done for a 2l. they said they would machine out the venturis and switch to machanical secondries. the place i went to also had carbs on gems that came 1s 2nd and 3rrd in a recent gem rally in nsw
Simon
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: carby choices Reply with quote

hey there.....150 flywheel hp is tight with a single carbie
I know twins tuned to produce around that mark..most power i have seen with a modified standard carbie is around 130 fwhp....but i am no expert..
My bet is that twins will get u the power..a single will struggle...but 130 ponies in a gemi is still mighty fine!!
hope it is a little help
Simon
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: carby choices Reply with quote

sounds to good 2 be true i rekon, a nikki running a worked 2ltr. if it cost $200 to get it re-jetted etc, and have no probs with reg or anyfin, i rekon it's worth it, every1 should do it.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: carby choices Reply with quote

the place is called carbtech. if anyone wants there number i can get it for you
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: carby choices Reply with quote

i know that the did do one thru lynx.
if u wat it to look stock get a 32/36 weber and bolt it on.
Modify the standard air cleaner assembly to fit right on and rember its legal aslong as every pollution tube is fitted which aint much when u run a standard air cleaner.

Cheers

FISH Motorsport
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: