HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:47 am    Post subject: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

ok i was talking to a guy about a ram flow
he said they are ok for the sound they give but leave all the hoses with no where to go and stuff
he recomended drilling holes in the original air filter around the out side of it and it will boost the noise i was wodering if ithis is a good idea is it illigal and whill it work
i was going to also take the long spount off and do the holes abotu the same size as it leaves maybe about 4 holes or leave it on and do lots of smaller holes around the edge what do you think
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

i was going to do exactly the same thing, but was too busy and also a tad too lazy to set some time to do it.
as far as i know it is legal coz all the hoses are still connected etc.
if ya got the time, then go for it, afterall its not gonna cost you anything is it...

cheers,
kev
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

you could just put a ramflo on and drill a few holes in the bottom of it and run the other pipes into it just like the original one Smile
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

but that costs money

do you recomend which way i should do it 4 big hole or lots of small holes
im thinking alot of small hole about the size of 10cent coins
might sound better sucking air through them
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

i would put a series of neat holes NO BIGGER than a 5c coin, that was the plan for mine anyway...
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

sounds good just have to work out how many i reakon about 20 on a rough guess
you think its a good idea to go get a spare air filter and do it on that one
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

yeah get a spare cleaner incase you fuck it up, be sure do do it neatly, u done want it to look like a tacky job!
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

i will try and do it good should i leave the big long inlet on to make it look stock still also if i take that off the hole there would be massive.
have you seen any car with this done? did it sound ok

it will be good getting a new air cleaner as my air cleaner now is full of oil
fucken bought it with all the pollution gear hooked up wrong some dodgy mechanics done it wrong and its sucking oil into all the pollution gear getting that fixed today
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

if i were you i'd run that oil breather hose to the ground behind the donk, coz otherwise ur still gonna get the oil in your cleaner...

i would also chop the intake part just over half way.
ive seen pictures of this mod, its not the most attractive look but it does the job well and doesnt cost a cent...
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

If you guys are worried about being defected then running the oil breather down to the ground will get you defected
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

well noooooooooo shit, but if he wants oil in his cleaner he can hook it back up...

neeeerrrr
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

nah its all good ive fixed the pipes but what ive done is just stoped using the polution gear just cut of the belt problem solved
and if i get pulled over just say it snaped the other day and im getting a new one
why would i need to cut the long part of the filter wouldm't it be easyier to leave it as is so in the winter it would still get a bit of hot air

have you got any pics i can see of this mod done?
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: air filters/cleaners leagal illiagal Reply with quote

and theyll say here ur defect notice, im out of stickers so walk home biatch

and then he'll nite stick u from behind. then before he does kick him in the noots
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: