HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

degreaser???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: degreaser??? Reply with quote

i got a gearbox, which is got filthy shit inside the clutch housing(front end) due to not being used and i was wondering if it was ok to use degreaser on the inside of it, or use a lint free cloth. whats the easiest way to get the shit out?

cheers
tuff187
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: degreaser??? Reply with quote

i steamed cleaned mine...
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: degreaser??? Reply with quote

If its going straight into your car then take it down to car lovers and spray/steam it clean.
*carefull not to get water/shit in the top of it (rubber boot seals) and put new oil in it as well once its clean. - while your @ it, respray it so it looks pro. - all this is cheap, so if you have the time do it.

If its going to sit around for a while, leave it caked in oil, I have 2 gear boxes i have left that way, been siting for years and there OK.

As for degreasser, I think its a load of shit, Its expensive for the amount of stuff it removes.

These products sound good, but don't preform as u would expect.
sooty
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: degreaser??? Reply with quote

Export degreaser from Clints is $2 a can and is the best i've ever used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: