HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

turbo oil lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:53 am    Post subject: turbo oil lines Reply with quote

I have pretty much every thing sorted now just where do you get the oil feed from and what diameter oil line would be sufficient?

JOSH
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: turbo oil lines Reply with quote

the next size up from the orifice in the turbo will be sufficient.
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: turbo oil lines Reply with quote

where about do you get the oil supply from for the turbo?
biteme
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo oil lines Reply with quote

put a t piece where your oil sender is so you still have the oil sender as well as oil supply to turbo
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo oil lines Reply with quote

I originally ran a brass t-piece like described, but it broke after a couple of years, oil spewed out everywhere, could have caused some real damage if I never noticed my oil pressure drop.

you can however simply hook into the engine oil gallery, there are 4 or 5 fitting on the bottom/side of the block where the standard oil pressure switch screws in.

I now use one of these tap in points for oil pressure switch, one for the oil pressure sender for a guage, and one for the turbo oil feed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: