HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

RB Gemini
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:11 am    Post subject: RB Gemini Reply with quote

Ok its not my car its my mums but eh i'm 17 and on my P's what do you expect? Ok its a 1.6 Litre.. I THINK. Front Wheel Drive Carby engine with Stock mags you know the kind that look like crap? It also has a Hotdog Sports Muffler on it. What else can i do to it to get it to go faster? You may think i am an idiot to do something to a RB Gemini but eh its different and i have never seen a RB Gemini done up although there maybe a good reason for that. So what you's think?
TUFF_TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

Trade it in and get a real gemini for starters.
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

Its just as much a Gemini as a TE is. I dont wanna do something like a TE up. No one has done anything to a RB and i wanna do something to it that does'nt involve getting rid of it. Front Wheel Drives are winning Motorkhanas so why can't they excel on the road as well?
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

well there are certainly things you can do. extractors, exhaust, wheels, suspension. not a whole heap sure about RB's but think about this as well.. if its your mums car do you really spend a lot of money on it? or are you gonna buy it off her in a year or two? if you make it go faster is your mum a good enough driver to handle it?

-dave
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

yeah i am just getting my options at the moment. Its either the RB Gemini. Or i save up abit more and buy my first car. Which is either gonna be a Torana or a Gemini. Not to sure yet. What you think?
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

gemini = Ideal first car
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

yeah i would have to agree. I didnt know much about cars when i first bought my gemini, but the purchase of a gregory's manual and a 10mm socket and i was sweet Smile everything is right there in front of you and so easy to pull off/put on. There reliable aas anything and fairly cheap on fuel/insurance. Just take a mate who knows a bit about gemi's when you go to buy one, someone who knows where to look for rust and usual gemi trait's (nothing like a nice puddle in the drives footwell after a rainstorm, or a heater than dont heat, temp guage that does read, rust in the boot/doors/guards/window seals etc etc)
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

Yeah. Since i got my Learners licence the RB has been the only thing i have driven and i have gotten use to it now and how it handles etc. Toranas r sweet as and there is nothing i would like more than to flog one of those Ford boys or rice boys in a Torana but.. Insurance and rust and parts would be a bit of a problem with the Torana and if i did get a Gemini it would have to have enough power to match it with a 6.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

easy... drop a g200 in it
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

pffft.. the stock 202's arnt extacly the most powerful engine.. although saw a turbo'd lh torana on a dyno putting out 480-odd hp at the wheels.. i had wood... if you want a torana go the LX hatch i reckon... they look sweet.. if your looking for cars.. be patient and find the right one.. took me 4 months to find my manual commodore..
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

yeah i'm not just gonna go out and get the first thing i see. Although i like the LX Torana and the hatch i heard the UC Hatch did come with a Turbo 202 Version. Which was equal to the Mighty A9X Torana in performance.
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

yeah i bet u would beat the rice boys in a torry, ppfftt not
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

yeah i saw a sr20det lj torry not to long ago Very Happy
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

Rice boys = all show no go. Come on they got bloody milo tins for an exhaust. I am a fan of the classic cars.. or basically your old cars. Like the LJ, LX, HQ, HJ and the gemini's. But which one would go the best with the least amount of work/time/money?
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: RB Gemini Reply with quote

least amount of money.. go for a TD coupe or something, drop in a g180 g200, whack a weber on, exhaust/extractors and your laughing, theylook pretty crazy too..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: