HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Thermo fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighTeK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Thermo fan Reply with quote

I have put a thermo fan on the front of the radiator, Does this mean i can take the fan from the front of the motor off, the white plastic 1, and will this give me more HP ???
Do i run the risk off over heating if the therofan fails even on a cold day ??
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo fan Reply with quote

Once you have an electric fan you can take the plastic one off the motor, this will give you more HP. You should always check your guages regularly when driving so you will see if its starts getting hot before it overheats in the case of a fan failing.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo fan Reply with quote

If your worried about it failing you can hook your thermo up so it starts as soon as you turn the car over. I did it on a 323 paddock basher i had cause it was playin up.
Simmo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Thermo fan Reply with quote

you should only need a fan while you are sitting in traffic / idling or moving very slow. Just wire it up to a switch on your dash and hit it whenever you come to the lights.

I should add, the amount of power gained in a gemini with a small fan will only be very minor (3 or 4 horsepower) and you will be stuggling to notice any difference. Like the other bloke said, just watch your temp, if the thermo doesn't keep it cool get a bigger one, or get a twin thermo set-up.

Cheers Simmo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: