HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

burnouts!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil2002

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: burnouts!!! Reply with quote

Im 15 yrs old and i wanna get a gemmi for my first car. I wanna be able to mad burnouts in it. how do u do burnouts?
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: burnouts!!! simple and easy way Reply with quote

ok...you cant be scared to rev your car.... rev it to about 4500 to 6000 and drop the clutch QUICKLY and put your clutch foot on the brake. this will make you car not move and the tyres will start to fry. keep you car at around 4000-4500 after that and use the brake to move whenever you want. dont worry about snatching gears yet...comes with practice and you need more power than a stock gem. to do a good one anyway. keep using the brake to keep at the speed you want and use a bit of imagination with the steering wheel to weave a nice pattern.

have fun

baz

P.S. it will destroy your tyres and reduce the life of your engine and use fuckloads of fuel(good fun though)
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: burnouts!!! simple and easy way Reply with quote

i take it this would absolutely root your back brakes as well?

the heat of trying to stop those discs would kill pads pretty quick wouldn't it

even the complimentary burnout at the drags can't do wonders for them
Gemsta
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: burnouts!!! simple and easy way Reply with quote

That is good advice but i have found the best way is too fit an LSD in ya gem i have done this and you can do the best burnouts better than any commonwhore and people are shocked when they see a gem sit there and smoke up both wheels GO FOR IT BOOT THE MOTOR FULL OF REVS DROP THE CLUTH AND SIT ON THE BRAKE CUZ THATS THE WINNING RECIPE

Cheers

Gemsta
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: burnouts!!! simple and easy way Reply with quote

gems have drums at the back not discs..yeah it would root your pads to a degree. but some one correct me but on mine the front brakes seem to come into play before the rear. back only works when brakes pushed all the way down.yes all pads are good. gems hold up to it pretty well. dont be scared to give it one in a while. good fun.

baz
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: burnouts!!! simple and easy way Reply with quote

build urself a nice torquey g200 and u can dump the clutch at 3grand, snatch 2nd and sit there for as long as u like.

cheers
mooch
www.geocities.com/mygemi
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: burnouts!!! simple and easy way Reply with quote

brack line clamp on the rubber brake line coming off the body to the diff helps alot Very Happy
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: burnouts!!! simple and easy way Reply with quote

Theres a burnout near my house that is over 100 metres long and you can clearly see where he changed up to 4 th gear or so.

Crazy !!
TUFF_TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: burnouts!!! simple and easy way Reply with quote

Near my house there is a burnout that goes the whole way up Target Hill Road ( the steep bit). It also has twinnies. Any South Aussies be sure to check it out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: