HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

cough and spluttering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotorgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: cough and spluttering Reply with quote

help me

my gem has started spluttering all over the place when u get under it i took the nikki off made a custom manafold (ported) put a 32 36 on no good tried to tune it no good so i pulled my mates 32 36 off his car same motor still coughs and shits it self checked every thing electrical expect the coil have not changed it i is a brand new gt40t any ideas
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: cough and spluttering Reply with quote

dun leads plugs and points?
it maybe a vacuum leak
lowrideTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: cough and spluttering Reply with quote

overhaul the carbi, my gemme used to splutter & run like crap. i tool the top half off & cleaned every jet, soak them in petrol & clean the barrel of the carb, it stopped the spluttering and i got better acceleration too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: