HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ANYONE HAVE ONE???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HEPPZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:56 am    Post subject: ANYONE HAVE ONE??? Reply with quote

im looking for a TG or TF Gemi for sale for around $800 that is in good condition and mechanically A1
Anyone know where i can find one????

Reply im in adelaide
TEdious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ANYONE HAVE ONE??? Reply with quote

I know I'm not any where near SA but let me tell you my story. I found a TE Gemini with no rust and only 89000km on the clock. So I thought I was on to a good thing. That is until I tried to get it registered. The guy who had it before me ran it on unleaded.All the valve seats were so corroded that I had to find a new head for it. A hard thing to find up here in FNQ, well one that is worth while spending the $300 to recondition. Then the carby, It seems some little part in the venturi corrodes and lets fuel seep in and there for effects the idle(won't idle smoothly). OK well I eventually found a head and had it reconditioned and bought another carby and fitted it. Then new upper and lower ball joints and managed to get a Roadworthy certificate and get it registeredfor 6 months. All this for $2000 OK. Well its not over because now I need to do something about the suspension. Front springs are $160/pr and rear are $140/pr then the shockies $100/pr. I just had to reply to your request for a " mechanically sound " Gemini for $800 because I beleive tha t there is no such thing I'm sorry. If you are considering a car that is 20 or more years old then you are considering a car that is pretty fatigued and will need considerable time and money to get it to a " mechanically sound" vehicle. Then again I do live in regional north Queensland and the prices of and the availability of good 2nd hand cars may be a lot different.
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ANYONE HAVE ONE??? Reply with quote

i got my tg with a recon motor and new shockies 4 350. in murraybridge from sum druggie who needed the money 4 dope, depend on what the persn know how much it is worth. P.S i got 2 repaint it but.

chris... they r out there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: