HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

peteymate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: peteymate Reply with quote

i dont think people admit to owning them in here 'cos they arent subject to much lovin' from the older gemini boys and girls.i wrote a reply to the last post but wasnt sure whether youd go back for a squiz but theres stuff there. cheers.
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: peteymate Reply with quote

yeah i know, i would have preferred an older style gemmi, but i still think i got mine lookin pretty schmicko. I do admit that RB's are the black sheeps of the gemini's, but ARE still geminis.
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: peteymate Reply with quote

also what engine mods have u got. Im running out of things to do to mine. I have sony head unit. Pioneer 4" splits in the front, JBL 200watt RMS 6x9's in the back. 12" Clarion sub running with 2x150 RMS running into it. A 4x40w RMS alpine amp running the splits and 6x9s. Sports air filter and a 2" sports exhuast with resonator and sports muffler at the rear. Rebadged with VR holden and lion symbol badges. 13" ROH Rims with 175/70 on it. Hmm....what else thats really about it apart from full matching seat covers, custom door trims and a tacho.

Pete
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: peteymate Reply with quote

also what engine mods have u got. Im running out of things to do to mine. I have sony head unit. Pioneer 4" splits in the front, JBL 200watt RMS 6x9's in the back. 12" Clarion sub running with 2x150 RMS running into it. A 4x40w RMS alpine amp running the splits and 6x9s. Sports air filter and a 2" sports exhuast with resonator and sports muffler at the rear. Rebadged with VR holden and lion symbol badges. 13" ROH Rims with 175/70 on it. Hmm....what else thats really about it apart from full matching seat covers, custom door trims and a tacho.

Pete
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: peteymate Reply with quote

as i said, lots of fiddly stuff-resprayed marina blue, custom grille and front bar, debadged, meshed indicators, polished fuelcap, VT indicators, sony h/u, jbl 4's, kenwood 7X10's, two dodgy amps, 2 10 inch clarion subs, boss s/wheel, autotechnica g/ knob, shortened shifter, chequerplate floor mats, speco tacho in centre console, meshed air vents, 3 blue neons, shaved head etc., extractors, no resonator, VT tip, GT40 coil, lowered 35mm., polished sl/e wheels. phew!
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: peteymate Reply with quote

what air filter do you have on it? i couldnt find a k&n filter for mine- apparently they dont make them for it
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: peteymate Reply with quote

got any pics?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: peteymate Reply with quote

they are on their way- i just got me a scanner and as soon as i figure out how to use the thing (read:as soon as i get off my lazy arse) ill send some in- im up for new cv's; whats the damage for newies?you just chuck your 4 inch speakers in the dash or chuck em in the doors? where are you at?
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: peteymate Reply with quote

Im on the central coast of QLD, the 4's were in the door but i had to put them up high near the winders and before i realised, the winders wouldnt turn so i had to get some volvo ones with a long thread thing, but now i made custom door trims and they are safely back in the dash. I think i need new CV's too, when i turn to the right, my left wheel makes a grinding noise.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: peteymate Reply with quote

ah so you have an sl/x? with the door trims on mine the plastic bit under the armrest extends all the way to the bottom of the door trim, as opposed to the trims on an sl/x so whacking them in the doors would/will be a prick of a job so mine are in the dash - they sound pretty ordinary there though. whats the story with your custom door trims?im in central west nsw.cheers.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: peteymate Reply with quote

i got a quote on cv's- $210 each side plus $40 labour each- mine arent grinding that much, theyre making a nice clicking sound though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: