HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Headwork on a G180

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Headwork on a G180 Reply with quote

Hi guys I'm going to get some head work done on my gem and I'm just after a bit of info to make sure I make the right decisions. I have 3 scenarios and I'm not sure which way to go.

Scenario 1 - Rework Gemini Head: Are stock gemini (single cam) heads any good to get work done on, ie. can you take much out of them to get bigger ports, valves etc. ? Also what sort of a ballpark figure are we looking at to get one of these worked.

Scenario 2 - New Head: Are there other heads that are commonly used on gemini's for better performance.

Scenario 3 - Twin Cam Isuzu Head: I know a guy that has offered to sell me a twin cam Isuzu head. Is this perhaps the best option to take? What sort of other modifications do I need to make to put a twin cam head on. So far I've come up with a double row timing chain, extra external water piping, new manifold for my webers and possiby having to remove my brake resivior.
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Headwork on a G180 Reply with quote

try the search function, i have a feeling that the dohc head will not work. i know the early model heads had bigger valves becuase polution rules weren't as strict then
cheers
kizza
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: