HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fitting rear brake cylinders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YLD GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: Fitting rear brake cylinders Reply with quote

Can any1 please tell me how to safely remove the old ones and put the new ones in easily??? How long does it take and wat tools do ya need???
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting rear brake cylinders Reply with quote

Yep easy as.. get a manual and itll be even easier. Just need a set of spanners/screwdreivers/pliers, and some kinda clamp to clamp the brake line to prevent fluid loss.Take out the little rubber things of the shoes, then undo the two bolts at the back if i remember right. anyway it only took me about 1hour (actually another 1/2 hour to drive to repco) for both back drums.. new shoes/cylinders and bleeding and that was the first time i did it.
Sometimes the springs can be a pain to get back on.. and also remember how everthing went in.
cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: