HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

bonnet scops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOERYDA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: bonnet scops Reply with quote

just wondering where u can get bonnet scops from and also what is required to attach them. i.e cutting big holes in ones bonnet.
Cheers

Jas
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: bonnet scops Reply with quote

if you have a look through a few magazines u should see an add for american auto parts? i think they are linked with rare spares, i think there called hornet scoops.
if you want your scoop to be effective then yes you will have to cut a hole in your bonnet todirect the air flow to your carby.
cheers
kizza
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: bonnet scops Reply with quote

Just a personal opinion to give you an idea, i've seen a couple of Gems here on the Gold Coast getting around with VL turbo scoops, and they look pretty neat. There's one on a sedan and a couple on panel-vans, for some reason they seem to suit the lines of the panel-vans really well.
Just a thought.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: bonnet scoops:::umm Mr TX sleeper Reply with quote

can you just be a little more specific about your "vl turbo" bonnet scoop. as far as i'm concerned there is no vl turbo that came out with a bonnet scoop. only ss group a, walkinshaw, director and aero had bonnet scoops and all were v8. why have a bonnet scoop on a car that doesnt have a carby. that is the reason that you have the scoop in the first place (air intake). the walky had one to fit the throttle body in. anyway.
ask for a group a vl bonnet scoop and your laughing.

baz
GEM16C
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: bonnet scoops:::umm Mr TX sleeper Reply with quote

yep no scoops on vl turbo's and the walky wasn't really a scoop had no holes just a raised piece.
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: bonnet scoops:::umm Mr TX sleeper Reply with quote

yeah as i said it was to fit the twin throttle bodies in cos it was fuel injected and had no carby.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: bonnet scoops:::umm Mr Boostin... Reply with quote

My bad... I assumed the scoops i was talking about where fitted to the VL Calais Turbos, as bassicaly all the ones here run them. And i've seem them fitted to countless ones in magazines, so it's a pretty obvious assumption - a wrong one, but an assumption.
The one i'm on about is a little hard to describe but here goes... It's not the big Walky one for a start, It's not very big - quite small really, it sits right at the back of the bonnet, the centre section is cut out into a sort of odd key-hole or something shape, the majority of ones i have personally looked at seemed to not have the bonnet cut open to let air in or out, they seem more cosmetic than purpouseful, they're reasonably flat and sit maybe a couple of inches high at the most...
If you know which one i am on about, then let me know so i dont emabarrass myself again. Which is pretty weird, as the majority of people i talk to up here know straight away which scoop i'm on about. All i say to them is 'the VL Turbo scoop' and they instantly know which one i'm talking about without arguing that it isn't. I have a funny feeling maybe it was from the VL SS Commodore Director - or one of the VL SS variants.
Jasyn...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: