HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Chopping Springs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OneTuffTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Chopping Springs? Reply with quote

yeah i wanna chop my front springs i have done 3 coils at the back and it looks sick ...now it defintaly time for the front.....
But i dont know who to get the front springs out.... it looks so difficult....

please help me cause i needs to be done
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Chopping Springs? Reply with quote

ok ill say it for everyone me not being a all knowing gundin like man but DONT i repeat dont chop springs or ya gem will break in half.
and yeah many people will b msging to tell u this k i just thought id warn ya anywho cheers mate
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Chopping Springs? Reply with quote

yeah chooping em is dangerous only becasue u gotta remove the springs and they might shoot ya. they arent that dificult to get out cant remeber exacualy how to but its all simple. just sit down infront of it nd look what is in your way and under what ever is in the way. simply
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Chopping Springs? Reply with quote

The main problems with choped springs are
1. them falling out, not only will they cause damage to your car they will most probably cause a crash, (my mates choped his, and when his fell out he ruined one of his mags cause he ran into a gutter)
2. your car will cop alot more of a beating resulting in it literally falling apart (welds braking etc)

so its up to u.
but apart from all that, basically just do what gdy said and maybe try the search section using "front springs"
cheers
kizza
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Chopping Springs? Reply with quote

yeah if i was u i wouldnt chop origonal springs. go out and buy commonwhore springs or something like that a bit stronger
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Chopping Springs? Reply with quote

I wouldnt bother buying springs just to chop them. I my self wouldnt bother chopping springs in the first place. Seeing as how you are doin the front springs and they are a real hassle to get in and out do it properly the first time.

JOSH
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Chopping Springs? Reply with quote

Chop springs = risk death. Sound like a good enough reason not to?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Chopping Springs? Reply with quote

mmmm chopping springs is bad mkay?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: