HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Sorry adam, have to do it...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Sorry adam, have to do it... Reply with quote

I just sifting through a long line of posts in R&D forum.

Found you contradicting yourself...(if thats the right word)...

Re: Big front brakes
posted by Adam on Mon Sep 2 12:22:16 2002, ip logged

Hi eggy, Do you have any details of the difference of the piazza hubs or a set to measure, I'd be very interested, any machining which can be avoided is worth twice its weight in hassles saved.

Re: Big front brakes
posted by Adam on Tue Sep 3 07:51:15 2002, ip logged

Got 'em, will have a close look at them around lunchtime today and get back to you then.

Just had to bring it to your attention coz i feel like being a smart arse today

(PLEASE DONT BAN ME!!! heheh)
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry adam, have to do it... Reply with quote

i notices that shit 2
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: A valid query Reply with quote

The rules to the R&D forum (see footnote) do not preclude discussion, in fact that is the very purpose of the forum, to allow people to discuss the development of gemini ideas and concepts... ah, fuck it, I can't be bothered writing the justification, but you and I both know the difference between intelligent discussion and people asking stupid questions.

Don't post here unless you've already done some of the hard yards yourself. Don't post here asking if someone can build something for you. Quite honestly, don't post here if you are a newbie or not technically minded, this forum is intended for technically capable gemini fans to discuss technical issues.

Don't post asking questions about how to fix your car, this forum is for *research* and *development* not to ask about how to change your brake pads or similar.

As part of my current (August 02) policy of zero tolerance, I will delete and/or ban for any breach of these rules.

Short Version: We help those who help themselves.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: And Again... Reply with quote

"...Don't post here asking if someone can build something for you..."

You were basically asking the person weren't you? You asked for photos and asking how to do it.
Thats the same as someone asking how to mount a rotor in the same forum isnt it??

Ok, I'll shutup now.

Atleast Im not abusive
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: A valid query Reply with quote

thats the first time ive heard u swear on this site. u said fuck it hahah. now your condradicting yourself becasue u wanna clean up the forums and na fuck it cant be fucked typing the rest. keep up the good work. i know it would have been hard for u to recover after the august 2nd tragity
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: And Again... Reply with quote

I didn't, in the process of developing a brake upgrade, somebody offered an alternative to expensive machining, I requested further details regarding the alternative, at no point did I breach the letter or the spirit of the rules.

I know how to mount a rotor, and I have a plan on how to mount it, I was offering my plan for cross-examination by the gemini community, an entirely legitimate use of the R&D forum.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:58 am    Post subject: Hones & GDY. Reply with quote

Come on you pair, don't you have anything better to do but pick the shit out of Adam, He Banned you and let you back, He created the Members Lounge for you to dribble all this type of crape to each other in. Why waste his time with this shit? is it really over the line of the R&D forum rules, or is it just you too being anal?

Give Adam a rest,

Cheers
Eggy
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Hones & GDY. Reply with quote

agreed, go compare willy sizes in the members lounge...

adam is the boss, he can do as he pleases, who are you to question that?

its true tho isnt it...
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Hones & GDY. Reply with quote

eggy.
i thought he was contradicting himself so i let him know.

was there any abuse hailed at him? NO
Was i mean?
was i polite and told him what it looks like he was doin. yes.

just got me to thinking that how can he say leave it out if he did it himself.
who cares eggy.
wats done is done.
kiss my ass Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Web Site All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: