HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TX REMOTE MASTER CYCLINDER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUNK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: TX REMOTE MASTER CYCLINDER Reply with quote

Can anyone give me any info on these remote mount master cyclinders. They only came in coupes I believe. Any info such as specs or what boosters these will fit with out modification. (example - I heard they will bolt straight to early ford boosters), Are they the same master cyclinder as other gmeinis that has been modified or are they totally different. Any info at all would be good.
Corty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: TX REMOTE MASTER CYCLINDER Reply with quote

I think it was all TX models came with remote boosters,

I just wrecked out a TX sedan with a remote booster on it.

Not sure bout the bit with ford booster but

Matt
PUNK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: TX REMOTE MASTER CYCLINDER Reply with quote

Where are you at Matt and how much. I believe these have only one reservoir not a split reservoir. Is this right. Can you describe the booster. I have a booster set up under the floor of a 28 model ford but it will be hell difficult to refill reservoir where it is and this little gem part may be the answer.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: TX REMOTE MASTER CYCLINDER Reply with quote

TX remote Reso.

Four mounting bolts to brake booster
2 fluid lines in from remote reso, but reso has 2 outputs, so easy to fit, remote reso also is round and easy to mount anywhere.

only concern is that the lines from the reso to the master cylinder MUST be brake fluid safe otehr wise uver time they may melt.

output to brakes is front and rear with imperial threats.

Cheers
Eggy
Corty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: TX REMOTE MASTER CYCLINDER Reply with quote

I'm at panania, $100 is your interested. You are correct it has one round resviour with two nipples at the bottom, one for each circuit.

From memory it loooks just like a normal gemini booster

email me if u wanna come check it out

Mattyhope@eisa.net.au

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: