HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Adam, re: Big Brakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:15 am    Post subject: Adam, re: Big Brakes Reply with quote

[this is here because i dont think it belongs in r&d, and dont wanna be banned for a suggestion..]

have you considerd changing to a 5 stud hub? my mate with the 289/302 rx4 upgraded to 5 stud hubs, [from a falcon] without too much hassle.

if you were inclined to do this, you could fit just about any wheel you want, and still have the huge wank factor brakes....

if you really wanted skyline brakes, why not just try and fit skyline rotors and hubs? it would be a pain in the arse, but surely a unique and better venture than brutally destroying the current hubs?

just an idea, but i am sure you could find a way to do it..

just a suggestion,
rob.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Adam, re: Big Brakes Reply with quote

The problem with close to 100% of falcon commodore front rotors is that they are nearly all hub type rotors and this make is a hard conversion for gemini style removable hub types. A skyline would probably be easier to adapt.

Besides think of all the import wheels available! There are some damn sexy ones!

I say go for the wank factor if you have the ability to do it and can do it without "wasting" too much money!

Loz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: