HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

looks or performance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhooL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: looks or performance? Reply with quote

Just curious... i want to make my car AWESOME looking and go really hard as well BUT at he moment i just spent $2500 on a 2 pac paintjob and i still have another $2500 saved up. I want to get a set of 17's but also a good motor. I know i can get enough money for both... but only in time... So do you think i should go for the wheels? or the motor? If i go with the wheels it will make the car look SO Tuff! Im thinking of going with the wheels and just buying a stock motor for now for about $300 Smile then save up some more for the supercharger Smile OH YEAH BABY! SUPERCHARGER!... Its the MANS turbo Smile lol

do you prefer your car to look good or go good?

Oh and the current wheels are SOOO Shit they are some painted blue crap ones some chick made Sad lol even my mum said they looked like shit!
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

well i had really shitty lookin yellow mags on my red wagon, but i just bought some paint stripper and took all the yellow off...now they look sweet as. try that, u never know how they'll turn out...cause to be honest i wanted to throw them in the fuk'n bin, now i'm gonna concentrate on my motor. not sure if this helps but yeh, thats what i did.

Cheers

Neslo
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

get some 17s and drop it on its arse and that will turn some heads and u will still have some cash and just spend that on your engine or something.

some 17s = $1000 - 1500 second hand
cuting blade =$1-2
hammer to bash your gaurds out
= about $1000 for spending
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

so you want a car that looks tough but gets its arse kicked by ya grandmas hyundai excel?

i'd put a sweet motor in it, make it drive and handle how you want and then put good quality wheels qith sticky rubber on it to have an awesome package

and how useful are your sparkly rims if ya dodgy motor shits itsself, cars with big wheels turn heads for the wrong reason when they are being pushed home
PhooL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

man, id rather spend the money on a decent set of wheels, they are the 'XHP 165' and are $2000 for the rims alone! they look so fukin sweet and ive NEVER seen em on ANY car! Smile I want to buy a 4agze with a supercharger, yeah i think thats the motor lol, to be honest i havnt really looked into motors much yet. As i said, i prefer my cars to look good than go good. So im going with the wheels and the stock motor i think... Yeah i might try the paint stripper idea, just for fun (burnout tyres) i scratched off some of it and it looks ok, i guess but they are still small wheels and id need to get new tyres for a roadworthy anyways so i dont know.....
PhooL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

man, id rather spend the money on a decent set of wheels, they are the 'XHP 165' and are $2000 for the rims alone! they look so fukin sweet and ive NEVER seen em on ANY car! Smile I want to buy a 4agze with a supercharger, yeah i think thats the motor lol, to be honest i havnt really looked into motors much yet. As i said, i prefer my cars to look good than go good. So im going with the wheels and the stock motor i think... Yeah i might try the paint stripper idea, just for fun (burnout tyres) i scratched off some of it and it looks ok, i guess but they are still small wheels and id need to get new tyres for a roadworthy anyways so i dont know.....
FrEeKy
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

u dont need a cutting blade or a hammer. my brother put his 17" wheels on his work car and just took the springs out, he didnt even need to massage the guards
joee joe joe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

get some sollies brown spray paint, spray your wheels brown and draw dicks up the side of your car then put a done up piazza motor with around 20 psi boost and a front mount that takes up the whole front of your car. then pull up beside any person who thinks gemini's are shit (and old shit commodore) and fucking root the shit out of them in a drag race. then they will realise how shit commodors are.
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

sorry man but i dont c how degrading your gemi by painting it pooh brown and drawing dicks on it will help.
my advise is go the rims and just lay low and dont try drag anyone till u get ur other engine. nuthen better than a sweet looken car if u want the apppearance of speed drop a monster tachoe on people will think its a beast then Wink
and GO THE HAMMER BASHING!!!!
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

So you want the look of a fast car but don't care about whether or not it has the goods under the bonnet??

By that logic, you wouldn't mind having a drag queen for a girlfriend as long as it looked nice... I think you need to get your priorities straight.
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

hahahahahaha
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

hahah relax man u need a puss
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

howdy,
Phool-->
$2500 is a bit of an underestimate for a 4agze conversion.. did these engines even come out in rear wheel drive??? Anyhow.. $2500 could get you a rebiult G200, G180 or G161 with some performece mods.. ie cam,, ported head ,carby,high comp etc.

If you want a supercharged engine..have you ever thought of how much $$$ this will chew up to make it legal?? -- you will need bigger brakes (~$1000?), engineer (~$500), efi fuel system/fabricated manifold etc (~$1000)or crappy carb setup?), engine and some kinda gbox (fitted) ~$2500, custom tailshaft?? bla bla.. im sure theres alot i missed/ couldnt be bothered writing.. is it worth spending this money on a gemini (a lot of people would say yes, but if its your everyday driver is it? ) its resale will be about a 1/4 what u spend? and.. how old r u.. i doubt insurance will be affordable, if you can get it.

id say.. buy your wheels fisrt, then get some realistic figures for your engine conversion.

i dont mean to sound harsh but to many people come on this site and write down dreams about conversions they read in magazines without realising what is involved in an engine conversion...

ps.. adam you have to understand a drag queen can still have big balls Smile
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: looks or performance? Reply with quote

does a engineers cert cost 500 to obtain? ive heard like a 2 grand which kinda yeah killed the dream of a exotic engine
cheers brisk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: