HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

improving braking, adjustments, upgrades etc...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: improving braking, adjustments, upgrades etc... Reply with quote

my brakes are sh!thouse and i think it is coz of my brake pads, should i look for any particular brand /type of brake pads for front and rear(disc and drum) what can i do to make my tg brake better, easier, does it rely heavily on the brake pads u use??? what brake upgrades or adjustments can i do to make it brake better???
thanks
Adrian
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: improving braking, adjustments, upgrades etc.. Reply with quote

chances are you have standard pads on the front, if given a hard workout they tend to get chewed through pretty quickly. Also braking hard often on cold pads will help their demise

you could purchase some harder pads eg. bendix performax or ultimates which will no doubt grab the rotor better and stop you quicker but they will also eat your rotors alot quicker so keep that in mind when weighing up the costs. As for rear drums.. no idea, better of whacking some discs on there Smile
FrEeKy
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: improving braking, adjustments, upgrades etc... Reply with quote

iv got a disk brake diff for sale, vs commodore callipers and rotors. $400 im in newcastle
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: improving braking, adjustments, upgrades etc... Reply with quote

how'd u put the calipers and rotors on it??? when i get a spare 400 i might think bout buyin it off u but for now, how did u do it??? how much would those piazza diffs be??? can u upgrade the front disc brakes???
thanks
Adrian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: