HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

32 36 webber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poppagem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: 32 36 webber Reply with quote

running a 32 36 webber on a stock 1600,if i put my foot down fast,it stalls,but if i drive like normal it,s fine
whats wrong?
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 32 36 webber Reply with quote

it has mechanical secondaries you are flooding it, squeeze your foot down. or shift down a gear then floor it.

the standard Gemini carbi has vacum secondaries and is idiot proof ie you can floor it at any rev range / gear and it should not stall.

cheers
Eggy
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: ask ben wight Reply with quote

mine did this too it would be worth while getin the head ported and polished an th inlet manifold to if it has 'nt
been done this should help the motor cope with the extra fuel you'd still have ta do what eggy said a bit but not as much ben wight would be the fella ta ask cause he knows
a shitload more than me
poppagem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 32 36 webber Reply with quote

i am running an auto ,even from take off when i give it a handful it stalls
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 32 36 webber Reply with quote

Sounds like may be accelerator pump setting. Too much fuel will bog the engine down, and make it splutter, just boggy in general. Too little fuel will be like you have turned off the ignition key when flooring it.

You should be able to tune it so that you can floor it and it revs crisply, exactly like what you would want.

Check that both of the accelerator ischarge nozzles aren't pumping, only the primary side should be squirting, also, cehck that it is a size 50.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: