HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

best coverage for relocated arial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: best coverage for relocated arial Reply with quote

my gem has had the arial taken out and the hole welded up. i have put it under the dash on the passengers side hooked up amongst the wires. it musn't be getting an earth cos it only picks up when you hold it. any ideas??? not that important cos i mainly listen to cd's obviously. just wondering
thanks

baz
chris
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: best coverage for relocated arial Reply with quote

im gonna put mine under the parcel shelf
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: best coverage for relocated arial Reply with quote

got mine in the passenger rear quarter panel cavity. pics up ok but has a 25km limit out of the cbd. so im covered round my house and shit but venture further out and its dicey. u gotta mount it vertical too, coz of the fm wave pattern.

cheers
mooch
www.geocities.com/mygemi
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: best coverage for relocated arial Reply with quote

You can buy a mounting kit that makes it look like a Mobile phone areal on the back window,

I've installed this on my sedan as it has no holes in the guard, actually works better than the original,

Autobarn.

cheers
Eggy
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: best coverage for relocated arial Reply with quote

do you have ne photos ... sound like what im looking for...
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: best coverage for relocated arial Reply with quote

no but i'm sure you picture it, a mobile phone antenna on the back window of a Gemini, that actually used for the radio?

it comes with plenty or cable you just have to power it up and tuck the wire under the carpet and away you go,

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: