HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

!! HELP!! -anyone who knows anything about geminis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: !! HELP!! -anyone who knows anything about geminis Reply with quote

didn't get any replies to last post that helped so i'll try again. whenever i get over 3000 or 3500 revs the motor is pig rooting, spluttering and popping and going nowhere and nearly stalling. went to a mates place to have a good look and found the fuel filter was black. replaced it with new one. still doing it. found one lead was shorting out. found out by electric shock. bought new leads. still fucked. checked spark plugs. didn't like the look of them. bought new ones. more $$$$. found accelerator cable nut near carbie was a bit loose. did it up. still fucked. HELP cos i can't boot it at all cos it is real embarrassing and sucks cos i have to change gears at around 2800.
any help wanted and greatly valued

baz
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: !! HELP!! -anyone who knows anything about geminis Reply with quote

what sorta motor have u got? what head have u got? sounds like your motor is flooding!!
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: !! HELP!! -anyone who knows anything about geminis Reply with quote

standard g161 with extractors. 8mm leads if that makes a difference. carby float could be playing up or the fuel pump?????? are you on msn? go over to chat if so
Neslo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: !! HELP!! -anyone who knows anything about geminis Reply with quote

how new is your clutch? does it do it in every gear? kinda sounds like a bad air/fuel mixture....i'm no mechanic but yeh...msn - neslo_69@hotmail.com
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: !! HELP!! -anyone who knows anything about geminis Reply with quote

are you logged in???
it's a heavy duty clutch and was in there so i don't know how new it is. funny thing is it only does it in 3rd 4th and 5th.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: !! HELP!! -anyone who knows anything about geminis Reply with quote

is ur dizzy arcing when it advances up? had a screw come out the front of mine that caused a spark to jump out when it reached similar revs causing similar probs.

cheers
mooch
www.geocities.com
edgie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: !! HELP!! -anyone who knows anything about geminis Reply with quote

have a look at your plugs if there really black it runnim
too rich also check your seconderys opening

then check the mechanical and vacume advance on ya
distributor if none o that helps f*&&ed if i know

edgie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: