HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

lowered springs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:29 am    Post subject: lowered springs Reply with quote

i done searches. cant find info. my car is currently on the bumpstops, waitin for some 2 inch lowered springs, just want to know if it will pass, when it goes for its roadworthy, with the lowered springs in it?

cheers,
GEm1ma has xplod gea
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: lowered springs Reply with quote

i'm pretty sure any part of your chassis has to be atleast 10cm from the ground

chris...
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: lowered springs Reply with quote

what i want to know, is will it be above that after i put lowered coils in?
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: lowered springs Reply with quote

i'd say so...2" isnt that much. i've seen mates go that far expecting it to be touch and go, but its fine.

plus if you've had the car previously registered in your name, and they have the details on their system, they shouldnt need to inspect the vehicles badges for verification of the vin and chassis no's. which means a qld t'sport officer standing over your gem going hhhmmm, they match...but damn that car's low...cant be legal.

2" should be fine for rwc. i honestly doubt you'll have any problems....if you do post back and abuse me? haha.
good luck.
greg.
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: lowered springs Reply with quote

oh yeah, if your in brisbane you can borrow some standards i have if your stuck, just to get you through for the time being. sorry if my post made no sense earlier i just read it and got a headache trying to follow it. that 2nd paragraph is referring to where the qld t'sport officer verifies paperwork details, when you already have a rwc, and are in the process of getting the gemi registered. sorry if that werent clear.
all the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: