HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

New floorpan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: New floorpan Reply with quote

i just bought myself a new floorpan for the driver side front floor, caus its got stacks of rust. what do i do when i am replacing it. how do i go about cutting? do i just cut out where the rust is, or do i simply cut out the whole floor. and weld the new one in. i know that it has to be mig welded on both sides. any info would be great.
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New floorpan Reply with quote

also, does anyone know if you can use a stick welder instead. as i own one and it saves me goin out and findin one!
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: New floorpan Reply with quote

you'll kill it with a stik welder

its pretty thin sheet metal a mig would be better cause you wont blast straight thru it, im not an expert but the theory i've done at tafe would say mig is the way to go
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: New floorpan Reply with quote

thanx, so how do i go about the preparation and cutting.

cheers,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: