HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ADAM re: Gemini R&D Forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:11 am    Post subject: ADAM re: Gemini R&D Forum Reply with quote

Adam, i came up with an idea, i think that the R&D Section should be 'read only' and if someone has an article or a reply they wish to post, they should email it to you and you post it in there, its the best way i can think of to stop shit posts....
sound good??

Cheers,
Matt
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM re: Gemini R&D Forum Reply with quote

I was thinking of limiting the ability to post to those who had previously displayed adequate technical knowledge, mooch, leroy etc etc etc.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM re: Gemini R&D Forum Reply with quote

that would be good
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM re: Gemini R&D Forum Reply with quote

i think it should be the email to adam thing, because there are some people who know more about certain things than they let on, and restricting the posting ability to a few veterans is a little unfair.
so if it is to be restricted, then have it wholly restricted and uncorruptable.
this is my opinion, and its great to see the bar rising at hotgem.
keep up the good work
rob.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM re: Gemini R&D Forum Reply with quote

i say keep it the way it is becasue most ppl wonldnt be bothered sending somebody an email if they know the answer. Of course there will b some shit posts but there will be better and more good knowledge posts aswell. its 6 to 1 half a dozen the other wit a baskett of fruit inbetween. its your site do what u wont (but dont ban me Smile )
andy c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM re: Gemini R&D Forum Reply with quote

ive got to say thats a pretty dumb idea adam. i havent posted much to show my "ability" or "adequate technical knowledge" but ive been a mechanic for 5 years, and stripped my engine bout once a year for the last few years.. also done alot of mods from the stock.. so i might have somthing to say, but couldnt if u did that.. just my opinion..

andy
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: ADAM re: Gemini R&D Forum Reply with quote

Credit were credit is due andy, I am more than capable of recognising the shortcomings of the system I suggested, however whatever system is chosen, there is going to be compromises, big ones too.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: ADAM re: Gemini R&D Forum Reply with quote

just trying to filter the shit, coz i know it will all leak in there.... hell its started already....
stop it while u can before we have another world gemini war break out!

Matt
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM re: Gemini R&D Forum Reply with quote

wasnt that the idea with the workshops... i dont know for sure but im sure there have been a few sent but not posted... not cause of slackness it just to time consuming...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: ADAM re: Gemini R&D Forum Reply with quote

u cant email em to adam, cos as he has stated he cant even keep up with the present mail flow let alone more of it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Web Site All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: