HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

turbo help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gottageme4free
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: turbo help Reply with quote

as i have recently aqquired a geme As my 1st car i do not know much about fitting a turbo 2 a geme. i have a tc geme any help wouLd b very helpful
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo help Reply with quote

well for a start, you can start sayin gemi not geemee (geme).
gottageme4free
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo help Reply with quote

gemi----any more help
sik13b_gemini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo help Reply with quote

lol funni
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo help Reply with quote

Do you have any skills? (welding, mechanical, fabrication)

If not I suggest you hand a wad of cash to a workshop and ask them to fit a turbocharger to your gemini.

If you do, you need to decide what type of setup you want, undoubtedly the cheapest will be a suckthrough system running a cross-over pipe into a stock inlet manifold.

The most expensive would be a fuel injected, intercooled system running custom fabricated inlet and exhaust manifolds.

What money could you afford to spend on it with the knowledge that you will never get any of it back?
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo help Reply with quote

Dude what u worrying turbos and crap for? if its your first gemini well do it up and crap and dont worry about eprformance stuff yet. It probably would be a tad too powerful for u. I reckon if u had enough money you could put a big as 600ci big block in her with twin turbos and nitros and a big jet engine in ya boot man. now that would be fully sik.
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo help Reply with quote

Dude what u worrying turbos and crap for? if its your first gemini well do it up and crap and dont worry about eprformance stuff yet. It probably would be a tad too powerful for u. I reckon if u had enough money you could put a big as 600ci big block in her with twin turbos and nitros and a big jet engine in ya boot man. now that would be fully sik.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo help Reply with quote

Squidda has a point, if it is your first car, I'd start with the basics, body, suspension, brakes... basically all those maintenance things that are the difference between when you gemini left the factory and the condition it is in now.

Whilst there are merits in going straight to a crazy motor, in terms of your health and safety, a 'warm' 1800 would probably be a wise interim step.
gottageme4free
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo help Reply with quote

as i would like 2 fit a turbo 2 a GEMI in da future ,it would be good 2 get info on how 2 do it . cos if ya dont ask ya dont find out!!!
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo help Reply with quote

i agree with him. hes got a good point there!
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:26 am    Post subject: my cost to date Reply with quote

second hand custom turbo manifold (suit t25) $300
Fuel injection manifold $150 (on its way hopefully)
haltech f7 comp with sensors $700
supra intercooler $100
thats about all I have gathered up at the moment so it can get pretty pricey. I have a motor here stripped down ready to be sent to the builders, and my fuel system still to come as well as all the plumbing that has to be made and bigger exhaust, plus all the extras you may want to run with it (BOV etc).

I was planning on running carby blow thru using a 34adm webber but I found the injection manifold up for sale cheaply so I thought what the hell. I had my hole fuel system purchased set up for carby as well but time to start over. Carby setup would have worked out a lot cheaper.
Go the TC
JOSH
gottageme4free
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: my cost to date Reply with quote

thanks 4 the help
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo help Reply with quote

SEARCH, it's been asked many times and by the time you get to do it you will have prob forgotten,

aside from that there is sooo many ways to do it, a persons system may not be applicable to you, Budget, ava. of parts, and of course your knowledge.

Just ask Gene, he has researched about every way possible recently, he would be happy to help now he is back on line,

then there is: $$$$$ / registration / engineers reports / insurance.

A hot G161 is a great starting point, by the time you kill the engine the body will probably be shot, if it's your first car.

cheers
Eggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: