HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fuel pumps??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Fuel pumps?? Reply with quote

Hey,
im builing up a G160, bored to fit 2ltr pistons, crow 3000-7000 cam, head port oversize valves etcetc. and was wondering what fuel pump to use. At the moment it got the standard mechanical pump, but i find this relatively ugly in the engine bay and was wondering if a TX-TE in tank pump would be suitable???
And if so, TXcoupe does that TE that youve got have one?
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel pumps?? Reply with quote

Just get an external facet pump and mount it in your boot. Way more reliable than the gemi pump and cost about the same.

Loz
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel pumps?? Reply with quote

What is this? where are they from. ie are they of a car or just a universal pump?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel pumps?? Reply with quote

yeah ross it does. give me a buzz if u want it
andy c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: hey loz Reply with quote

hey,

what sorta price do u think an external facet pump would cost? ive been doing a fair bit of research into them but havet really look into prices.. they seem the best and easist...

thanks..
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: hey loz Reply with quote

About $80-90 or maybe less depending on who you know. Only prob with the slightly cheaper ones is they make more noise.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Facet pumps Reply with quote

I bought the electric external Facet pump about 3 months ago from AutoBarn. It set me back $110 including the fittings. I ended up getting the largest/most powerful one they had as they said it would take a few weeks to order in the one that i wanted, It's part no. was FUE-40106. If you've done you're homework like you said, then you'd know that this is the pump that is better suited to V8's. The other ones (FUE-40105 & FUE-40104) would have been more suitable, but since my Nikki has a return line it does'nt pose any problems to have the one i've got. The only gripe i've got with it is that while i was buying it, i asked if it was a silent type as i had put up with a rattly pump in my SII RX-7 and it got embarassing after a while. The guy reassured me that it was silent as apparently it didn't have a needle and seat. DEAD WRONG!! it's just as loud as the old one in the rotor. You cant hear it while reving the engine, but when your idling it sometimes drives me nuts.
Just something to think about...
Cheers,
Jasyn...
jedi1983
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel pumps?? Reply with quote

i think the best ones for sedans are the electric ones that go into the fuel tank, they look like the old one with wires hanging off!
those square ones you mount in the boot in between your fuel line are to noisy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: