HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

how thick sheet metal-to replace boot floor???????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:54 pm    Post subject: how thick sheet metal-to replace boot floor??????? Reply with quote

i need to replce my boot floor but i don't know how thick the sheet metal has to be, also where can i get some for cheap in Sydney and what can i use to replace a part of the chassis rail with, steel square tube??? where can i get some of that???
thanks
Adrian
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: how thick sheet metal-to replace boot floor??????? Reply with quote

i think the chassi rail would be 1.5 2.0 mm
maybe not to sure but you can get replacment floor
pans from rare spare there easier than making a floor pan
\
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: how thick sheet metal-to replace boot floor??????? Reply with quote

they are like 200 and sheet metal should cost about 60 so i will go with the sheet metal, so 1.5mm thick sheet metal for the floor???
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: how thick sheet metal-to replace boot floor??????? Reply with quote

1.5 2.0 for the chassi rails .8 to 1.0 for the floor
1.5 is too thick to work with .8to 1mm will be a lot eaiser
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: how thick sheet metal-to replace boot floor??????? Reply with quote

0.66 zinc aneal is what you want for your boot floor. seam seal ur welds, grind them from underneath if you have to and then steinslag/underseal the area. For your rail use 1.5mm.
hardcoregemfreak
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: how thick sheet metal-to replace boot floor??????? Reply with quote

man u must really like this gem, cos personaly if it was me, dependin on how stuffed the chassi rail is id get rid of the car man, cos yea i would replace it if it was real bad id just sell it to some looser n not tell him. ha ha
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: how thick sheet metal-to replace boot floor??????? Reply with quote

thank you thank you....and hardcoregemfreak.... i know you mean well but that's basically what happened to me!!! but i knew the only reason i got my car for so cheap is that it needed work, i knew the floor had a crack in it but the first day i got my gem i took everything out to check it properly and a section of the chassis rail was fucked as well as the huge crack in the floor...
i just need to buy the metal anyway and me and my mate are doing the rest
Adrian
p.s i got my car for 770!!!
LowClassGeminiWhore
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: how thick sheet metal-to replace boot floor??? Reply with quote

$770 for a Gemini with rusted out rails? You were done like a dinner. Once the rail starts rusting out, you got a car with cancer so bad, its not worth much. Chuck it away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: