HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Stall Converter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Stall Converter Reply with quote

i have just recently purchased a new sweet condition motor, and it happens to be off an auto. is there any easy ways to getting the bastard off, caus the spanner just keeps tryin to round the bolts off. i know i am goin the right way. so if theres hints, then id love to hear them.

cheers,
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Stall Converter Reply with quote

get those new technology things from the danoz direct commercial or weld the fukkers on and grind em off when ur done and get some new bolts.

use ring spanner
neva use spanner unless urgent! ehhe
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Stall Converter Reply with quote

stuff danoz, and i cant fit a socket in there.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Stall Converter Reply with quote

where theres a will theres a way.

I never understood that one, and it doesnt look like its a good place to use it here so i dunno!

can u fit welder in there??
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Stall Converter Reply with quote

hehehehhehehe. i will try.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: HEAPS BETTER WAY Reply with quote

I know whats wrong,
you know the wheel nut??? should be the back left one.

Well, that particular wheel nut needs a new car.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: HEAPS BETTER WAY Reply with quote

the way i got them bolts off was withh a 16mm (i think) ring spanner and a flat blade screwdriver wedged into the teeth of the drive plate to stop it from spinning. once you have cracked the bolt you will find it gets very esy to undo....(after a couple of turns you can do it with your fingures..) hope that helps..
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: HEAPS BETTER WAY Reply with quote

thanx dude, a decent reply! yeah, its 16mm. i just want to double check if i am turning the right way. which way do i turn the spanner.

cheers,
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: HEAPS BETTER WAY Reply with quote

turn it anti-clockwise

<----^
|
---->|
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: HEAPS BETTER WAY Reply with quote

anit clockwise facing towards the front of the engine, or anti clockwise as in doing up a normal bolt. (is it left handed thread)

cheers
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: HEAPS BETTER WAY Reply with quote

with the ring on the head of the bolt turn it anti-clockwise (looking at it from the front down to the back...)
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The answer your looking for..... Reply with quote

the spanners size is actually 5/8...its leftover sizes from kingswoods(stock gem torque converters are 2500rpm stallies for a holden 6)
If the motors out of the car...put a 24mm socket on the front of the motor and make it hit the ground.it will help with the leverage to undo it.if the motors in the car use a breaker bar hitting on the chassis rail....
proven methods.....

its all good
lachlan....
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The answer your looking for..... Reply with quote

i never thought of using a spanner on the front. whats the difference between 5/8 and 16mm. i know ones metric etc. but are they slightly different?

thanx buddy,
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: The answer your looking for..... Reply with quote

5/8 is (25.4mm/Cool*5 = 15.875mm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: