HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Stupid question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOERYDA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Stupid question Reply with quote

tgs run unleaded right?
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupid question Reply with quote

can of worms my friend. This discussion came up a few months back. As far as I can tell (wait for someone who knows for 100%) all gem's *can* run on unleaded cos they have alloy heads and already have hardened valve seats (or something) WITHOUT any modification to the timing or stuff like that. Personally im still running LRP in my TF, cos i never really felt sure from the discussion that went on a few months back, and i need my gem as a daily driver.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple Answer Reply with quote

yes, mine's a worked g161 in a TF and i only run premium
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupid question Reply with quote

i drive for an hour in peak hour traffic each day, and i have no probs, i took the advise from Boostn Oz who build my motor and it hasnt failed so as far as im concerned its all good

cheers,
kev
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple Answer Reply with quote

all standard gems from '75 on will run on cats piss.
If you have upped your comp you may need the added octane that leaded or LRP will provide
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ULP Reply with quote

you can definitely, positively, assuredly, certainly, run the gemini engines on ULP WITHOUT any modifications. I ran mine only on unleaded after it became available and it ran for years. I still only run the rebuilt engine on ULP. The only consideration you would look out for is if you've increased the compression, but if you've increased it so much that you can't even run PULP, then that's a bit silly isn't it. In fact to put this to rest I will personally guarantee to pay for your headwork if you get valve seat recession as a result of running ULP. This advice does not cover the use of ULP in deisel engines Surprised)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: