HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wanted 13b convo kit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coupe
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

need 13b conversion kit for td coupe
any body any price
Poindexter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

i have one but and it is branf new
u give me 5000k

laterz
coupe
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

is that a gee up or what mate
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

Its not a cheap conversion.

I don't know if thats the actual price but its not cheap. Thats all I know.
WAY2LOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

so far my rota conversion has cost me $5000 and it aint finished yet, but that is because im doing it all to show standard! if u were to put a rota in and get it running cheaply it would probably cost around $2500-$3000 all up and running.
there isnt actually that much to it, ill give u a quick rundown:
remove the old engine mounts from the original crossmember (yes, u must cut them off) it just gives u a bit more room to play with. get a front timing cover off a early rx7, the 1 that has the mounts at the front of the engine. you will need to make a new crossmember that mounts between the chassis rails and mount rx7 mounts on it. a new sump needs to be fabricated. a crossmember must be made for the gearbox which u just bolt thru the floor and weld a piece of steel on the otherside of the floor. a tail shaft will need to be made.
u need to get hold of an oil cooler (mines outta an rx2) and mount it sum where, like wise a radiator, i used an rx3 1 and it fits between the chassis rails.
hydralic clutch needs to be installed, i sent my car off to get this done, but basically it involves cutting a hole in the firewall and mounting the clutch master in a lower position and connecting the fork to the clutch peddle.

thats all i can think of at the moment, at work i got diagrams of what the front crossmember should be made like and what dimensions and pics of the whole conversion.
hope this helps

justin
REUBEN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

hye man , i was gonna do the same thing but i was gonna get a pro to do it for me, he said he will intall it for $1000 which includes new sump new engine mounts,and gear box mounts and tail shaft and lock the diff up and hook the motor up and have it all running in the for me, but yeh with a motor that he would supply he quoted me $2500 for a 13B bridge port, and $3000 for a 13B extend port with fuel injection fully rebuilt and installed with warranty, but listen dont do what that other guy said about getting it front mounted cos if u drive hard which i think u will be doing cos u wouldnt be buying a rotary if ya drived pussy, yeh if ya front mount it and ya drive hard u could snap the mounts, do the mounts on the cross member, jsut take it to a shop and get them to do it , man for a 1000 it saves ya the stress and hastle of doing it and worrying if it gonna be anygood.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

where is this work shop and do you have there no
cheers nik
REUBEN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

hey man im on the sunshione coast and yeh this work shop is also on the sunshine coast, umm ill reply back tonight with the number if u remind me but yeh the name of the work shop is Rotor Max. um yeh well i know that was the price for me,so yeh should be same for u. um yeh its in QLD sunshine coast.ok ill give the number 2 nite
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

are they dodgy cause when i went to mazfix
the price was a lot different
cheers nik
WAY2LOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

hey man, i got mine fitted at boostin oz, formaly gemispares. this is the way they fit all their rotaries. they have about 5 13b turbo gemis down there and none of them have ever had a problem. it all comes down to what grade steel u use for the crossmember. if u saw how it was installed u would c that its pleanty strong enuff. the engineer says so!
btw it cost me $850 just to get the engine mounted properly
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

hey way2low, sorry to stray off the topic for a moment but are we going to see you and your car on the adelaide cruise??

i would really like to get some hi res photos of that rotary conversion you have done...

cheers,
kev
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

the cruise is in late september isnt it????
should be there, hopefully ill have it going in the next coupla weeks. the only thing is that the paint is crap, wont have time to get it painted yet!
but i should b there!
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

sunday september 29th

plenty of time to get it going, as for the paint... doesnt matter still wanna get some pics hey!!!

anyway i'll let ya get back to ur topic now!!!
cya there dude!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

yeh u said mounted on cross member , um yeh and i said not to get it front mounted like on the chassis rails, um and yeh ya cant get a 13b turbo legal in a gem cos there too light u can do 12a turbo but not 13b turbo, i have already looked into that
REUBEN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted 13b convo kit Reply with quote

no there not dodgy, this guy is the man with rotaries, hes been playing with them for over 20 years, he knows his shit, he has done many gemmys b4. um yeh he is in QLD on the sunshine coast. his phone number is (07) 54455318 and yeh its called Rotormax.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: