HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Db ?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:45 pm    Post subject: Db ????? Reply with quote

hey asking on behalf of my brother is there a way to get a Db reading apart from the police pulling u over and i quote " screwing u up the ass" ?
heheheh cheers
g161strokeer
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Db ????? Reply with quote

what the hell is a db reading
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Db ????? Reply with quote

dick brain reading.....no sorry. its probably something like a roadworthiness check. i have wanted to get mine checked out but am too scared they will pick on everything and i will be up for serious dollars. tell me of i'm wrong.

baz
motoboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Db ????? Reply with quote

i think its decabel ( i know its spelt wrong)
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Db ????? Reply with quote

decibel

most good car audio shops (and i dont mean strathfield, tho they MIGHt have one)

have Db meters

ring them and tell them you want to know ya current rating and then bullshit about all the stuff u wanna buy from them

has worked for friends
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Db ????? Reply with quote

cheers and yes its decibell stooge man
YLD GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Db ????? Reply with quote

Where do ya live? I have a dB meter. I live in melbourne!!

I got done by epa last week for having an exhaust that was too loud. I am testing it myself tonight to see how loud I really am. The limit is 96dB for pre 1983 vehicles and 90dB for cars after that. The measure it at about 4 and a half thousand rpm at a meter away on a 45 degree angle.

I will let you know how loud my exhaust is in the near future and if have you have any qustions or quries just let me know and I will be glad to help.

Cheers

Shane
LowClassGeminiWhore
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Db ????? Reply with quote

Could we get an idea of what setup (engine, exhaust) cuased you to get defected? Interested in what could cause it, cos 97 decibels is pretty loud.
YLD GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Db ????? Reply with quote

G200, genie extractors, lumpy cam, port n polish and a 2 1/4 " exhaust sytem!!
LowClassGeminiWhore
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Db ????? Reply with quote

Ive had that setup before.
Yuo shouldnt be attracting attebtion with that. Sounds like you muffler was a resonator, and not really muffling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: