HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

LOWRYDING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOERYDA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:38 pm    Post subject: LOWRYDING Reply with quote

When i went to pedders to get a quote on getting my beast lowered the dude reconed that if u lowered it anymore than 30mm from standard ur diff or somethin would hit. Is this guy full of shit(cuz i think he is),I mean ive seen heaps of gemis getting around which look low as. How low should I go, I want to go about 2" but ill void my insurance if I go any lower than 1 1/2"(30mm). Also will lowering my car by about 2" give me a head fuk with big wheels.
cheers peoples

Jason
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWRYDING Reply with quote

I find it unusual that a professional would say your diff would begin to hit. Lowering doesnt change the distance between the diff and the ground. It changes the distance between the diff and the chasis of the car.
cheers
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWRYDING Reply with quote

i think thats what he meant
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWRYDING Reply with quote

oh i see, do you mean the diff hitting the bumpstops? mine is lowered about 2 inches and it still has some safe clearance. Think that only becomes an issue if you really dump it?
WAY2LOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: LOWRYDING Reply with quote

i took the springs outta my old gem, diff dont hit ne thing, just makes for an uncomfortable ride ;P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: