HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

later model TE grill?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: later model TE grill? Reply with quote

if i changed my current grill to the later model with the smaller debadgeable symbol will the whole unit bolt straight in without changing the headlights? what i mean is if i take my headlight surrounds and grill out will i just be able to stick the other one straight in or will i have to change the headlights?
cheers
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: later model TE grill? Reply with quote

If you mean changing a TE grille to a TG grille, you will need to change headlights too.
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: later model TE grill? Reply with quote

no i meant the the later TE grill. in 1979 they came out with a big ugly lion badge and then in 80 they had a small, square, red badge which is easily taken off. i want the 80 one so i can debadge it. the one i want comes as a complete unit grill+headlights and the 79 one witht the lion comes as a separate grill and headlights. was just wondering if i take out my headlights and grill will the 80 model grill slip straight in.
cheers
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: later model TE grill? Reply with quote

my 79 TE grill has both the grill and headlight surround as on piece? And yes it had that phat lion badge, which took every bit of 30 seconds to remove? why do you think you cant debadge a 79 grill, theyre all the fuckin same
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: later model TE grill? Reply with quote

i realise that you loser. you can debadge all of them but in the 79 grill a big square of plastic is left behind and looks homo. the 80 grill, everything is removed and you just see slats of the grill. what i want is to get rid of the plastic square. yes i have tried cutting it out and all that but it looks fucked.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: later model TE grill? Reply with quote

yeah k see what you mean
makes no difference to me as i cut the slats out of mine and replaced it with stainless mesh
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: later model TE grill? Reply with quote

do you have any photos? i want to see what they look like.
if you do e mail me on bazflyfish@hotmail.com
catcha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: