HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WEBER with standard air filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: WEBER with standard air filter Reply with quote

can it be done? i was told by a bloke that a friend of his has a standard air filter modified to fit a 45 mm weber. if it can be done why would you do it? also i have seen standard carbs with foam cable tied to the top. apparently you can get them off webers and some other carbs. if i can't gethold of one of these what sort of foam is most suitable? i have to get the breathe rate right or it will probably fuck up on me.
it just looks neater
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: WEBER with standard air filter Reply with quote

Apparantly it can be done. The reason that you would do it is so that it looks stock if the cops have a look, or to hide it from the insurance company if they inspect it.
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: WEBER with standard air filter Reply with quote

thought so. found out today that the one that i was going to buy was only a standard. the chick didn't know if it was a weber or not.
thanks
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: WEBER with standard air filter Reply with quote

i had my standard air cleaner modiied to fit the weber.
the easiest way to do it is to cut the base offf the standard aircleaner and get one of the weber air cleaners and weld the weber base to the standard gemini aircleaner assembly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: