HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

fkin lower control arm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:57 pm    Post subject: fkin lower control arm Reply with quote

i am removing my lower control arms, i cant get the fkn thing off the disc thingy. any hints. i have already taken chunks of skin off my fingers. i am hittin the shit out of the thing to get it off. the balljoints have been popped etc. just cant get the control arm off the wheel disc thngy. tips would be great!
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: fkin lower control arm Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I don't understand the questions, you will need to describe the 'wheel disc thingy' better.

To remove the lower control arm, you remove the swaybar end link (on swaybar equipped models) pop the lower ball-joint, remove the spring, undo the front and rear mount bolts and she should come out.
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: fkin lower control arm Reply with quote

dont worry dude. got it! finally.

cheers
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: fkin lower control arm Reply with quote

The lower control arm is secured at 3 points, two at the rear, one into the chassis and one into the crossmember, both secured by bolts.

The third is secured to the stub axle bracket by the ball joint. Since the disk is attached to the stub axle, I assume you cant release the ball joint. You must soak it for a few hours with a penetrating lubricant, and then bash the hell out of the threaded section of the ball joint, whilst placing something underneath the control arm to support. Obviously, this necessitates the use of a new lower ball joint upon installation.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: