HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine Bay respray.. possibilities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:00 am    Post subject: Engine Bay respray.. possibilities Reply with quote

My engine bay is pretty scummy. No rust or anything but the paint is flaking off and it looks crap.

Is it at all possible/feasable to give the bay a quick respray with a can with the engine IN ? I don't really wanna have to rip everything out to do a simple spray can job.

I figured I could take out the minor parts and then mask off the engine and spray around ? Sounds dodgy.. anyone ever done it before ?
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Bay respray.. possibilities Reply with quote

yeah it does sound dodgy.... but i was thinkin about doing it aswell... any ideas hints people?????
hardcoregemfreak
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Bay respray.. possibilities Reply with quote

Did it wit my gem, its fairly easy just take all the stuff of the walls and put i on the engine mask it all up then sand, and paint, i did my wit a spray gun though, its easier cos u can put more of a jet on it to get into those hard to reach spot. take like radiator, battery n shit out makes it much easier, less shit to mask.
GEM2NV
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Bay respray.. possibilities Reply with quote

i did my engine bay in black gloss using a spray can and it came up pretty sweet. Better than the oil stained original cream paint thats for sure
brothelpimp
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Bay respray.. possibilities Reply with quote

i took my engine out to do my spray and i haven't put it back in yet.....starting to pee me off
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: