HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

1800 head on a 1600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motoboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:58 pm    Post subject: 1800 head on a 1600 Reply with quote

ok ive been reading and seraching and they say u can put a 1800 rodeo head on the 1600 but does the 1800 have bigger valves i read some were it says there the same?? all i want is a betyter head like bigger valves really but dont want to spend thousands of dollars.
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 head on a 1600 Reply with quote

Put a early model 1600 head on it as it has bigger valves.

: )
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: Hey sikgem!! Reply with quote

what is your holden badge off?
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1800 head on a 1600 Reply with quote

the 1800 rodeo head is the same as the 1600 gem head...
1600 gems came out with variants in port sizes ..and valves
The early model, as sikgem suggested(TX only) has no isuzu logo on the front and no pollution gear(like the late TF models).it has slightly bigger inlet valves but same size exhaust also some of the really early stuff( chevy LUV) apparently had quite big inlet ports.
the pollution heads(with egr pipes hanging around the exhaust)also have larger intake valves but smaller TE size ports(TE heads are common as..isuzu logo on front,no pollution gear).
The only really different head is the 2ltr head which has angled water jackets and larger combustion chambers to drop compression a bit(ideal for turbo 1600 motors)
I hope i have been informative in helping your problem....

its all good!
lachy......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: