HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

New dizzy internals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:35 pm    Post subject: New dizzy internals Reply with quote

Ive nearly got my electronic dizzy situation sorted. I have the coil, the ignition module, and a few other little bits. But now I need the hall effect sensor out of something. Wreckers here in canberra wont part with just the sensor and they want in the likes of $180 for a complete rb dizzy setup. Way to much.

Is there a breaker plate with the sensor on it from something like a rodeo or jackeroo or DOHC G200 etc. that will bolt in and I can buy from repco etc? Or at least a cheap senor that I can buy.
Or any other solutions about where to get the sensor from.
Must be a hall effect magnetic pick up.(2 wires)

Cheers
Loz
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: New dizzy internals Reply with quote

I'm sure there is an electronics whizz out there who can be of more help... but I thought a hall effect sensor was a pretty simple device and you should be able to pick a suitable part from an electronics catalogue... Anyone got any suggestions?

Failing that, find another car with the right sensor and canibalise.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New dizzy internals Reply with quote

Well would you believe that the sensors all the electronics shops supplied were a siemens part and they have stopped making them and hence supplying them aswell.
So canibalising looks like the way to go.
Either that or hopefully someone can tell me which year etc jackeroo/rodeo had the electronic ignition on he g200, and whether the breakerplate/sensor and vane will fit straight into my dizzy.

Cheers Adam
Loz
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: New dizzy internals Reply with quote

Jaycar have a $40 hall effect sensor in their catalogue. But for $180, you should be able to buy a complete factory electronic igntion from jackaroo or rodeo, simply bolt in, no mods.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: New dizzy internals Reply with quote

Tried Jaycar. The one they had is no longer produced and they have no stock left.
Cheers
Loz
redtxcoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New dizzy internals Reply with quote

dont know if this is any help but,i ran a two litre twin cam with a datsun 180b sss dissy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: