HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

i need a good head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:54 pm    Post subject: i need a good head Reply with quote

hey,
after a few phone calls around the place to get some info/prices on gem heads i am confused..(nobody deals with 4 cyl (esp gems) in perth)

If any one doesnt no i am building an engine like so..
1600 bored to fit either 1800/2000 slugs, 3000-7000 crow cam,10.5:1 comp, running either a gas system or if my money runs out a weber or two, and a worked head
ok

Well my questions are:

1) I have been told to get a 1800 head as it will be cheaper as i it flows beter and i wont need oversize valves(wont this drop comp? if right couldnt i just put in higher comp pistons to compensate???)

2) Is this right or do i want a 1600 head with big valves?? or is a small valve head ok if i i fit oversize valves??? (as i have two good small valves heads??)

3) i have been quoted from $550 to $1300 to do the head with porting and oversize valve? what is a good price???

4) Will i be able to run on bp 98 oct fuel with 10.5:1 comp if need be?

5) what valves should i use if i go a 1600 head? The guy that qouted $550 was the only guy that sounded like he new what he was talking about said hell use manga valves? I no EVLGEM used sigma valves? any suggestions?

cheers..

cheers
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: i need a good head Reply with quote

ok this is what i had done

HEAD WORK:
Big Port 1600 Head
Port And Polish
Cut Seats To Blend Ports
Heavy Duty Valve Springs

all up $550 so u were on the mark with that, i would expect it would cost more to have the same work done going by what u said about the lack of 4cyl or gemi places tho...

cheers,
kev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: