HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Jaycar dig. tacho

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Jaycar dig. tacho Reply with quote

hey,
i just bought a jaycar digital tacho, look really good in the shop, it has programable shift lite and redline lights etc, for only $60(and it fits perfectly where the digital clock is meant to be in a TG). howevere i warn u now, it says it only takes 3hours to do, well mine took me about 12hours. And it still doesnt work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anybody in perth any good at electronics. i need help bad. Everything looks fine to me but i doesnt want to work.

I dont wanna give up as it was $60??? man i hate jaycar for teasing me into buying it. $60 for nothing.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaycar dig. tacho Reply with quote

thats jaycar for ya
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaycar dig. tacho Reply with quote

Is that the one where u have to make it yourself??
with the circuit board and stuff??

i mae a car alarm like that for my old car.
its good fun! serious electronics is cool like ice
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaycar dig. tacho Reply with quote

just like the bugging kit u made for genes house, now everyone knows about the twisted things he gets up to with hobbo!

hahahahaha
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaycar dig. tacho Reply with quote

yep... still not working
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaycar dig. tacho Reply with quote

When u solder the little dillies together, make sure u have made them connect to another line.

if u fuck anything up, then join the things with some wire soldered on to the point if that makes any sense.

hones
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaycar dig. tacho Reply with quote

I dont know what kit you have exactly, but I got a jaycar kit, it was a shift light kit, had 3 lights and three potentiometers to set each light's rpm switch on point.

It didn't work at first, I had put a diode in backwards. Worked fine after that. You might want to check that out.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: